On the 19th, 20th and 21st of March the IED Barcelona will be presented in the Architecture eme3 Collapse Festival, together with several projects realized by the pupils of Lab I+ED, the multidisciplinary laboratory of the school, where students from all the areas participate: from fashion to graphic, interior, transport, video...
In the Laboratory section, students will expose the reflections and projects on the Colapso that students have been creating. During the last day of the festival, in front of a juror, students will present a brief presentation at the Macba hall. The juror will be formed by the scientific committee of the festival.
The participants in this section are:
- “Soul”, Sustainable Emotions: the pupils project from 2nd and 3rd course, who wins the prize, reinterprets the products, searching for it’s soul and individuality, crossing the barrier of the material aspects to reach to it’s heart.
- Alstom Project: new offer of sustainable streetcar done by Rodolfo Ciudad and Àlex Nadal, students from Transport Design Course.
- “Moduspoint” for Roca: modulate of well-being for big events, such as: Universal Expos, Trade Fairs, concerts. The idea of Pau Roca, student of Industrial Design, is an opened, depressed and dismantled skip.
- “Leve” for Zicla: a project created with a recycled carpet, recycled plastic plates, and cut into pieces Polipropileno which creates an oasis of relaxation and communication.
In addition, the following projects have been selected for the section of Market Contest:
- "Shades Project": Have you seen the beauty of the city? : the work of Jungmo Kwon, Chia Chen Hsiao and Javiera Rebolledo which is exposed in the Hall of the CCCB. It is constructed from a structure of recycled paper in the shape of a tunnel. It invites us to realize a trip to catch the beauty of the city, but also to discover its collapse that hides behind.
- " (Re) Supermarket ": located in the hall of the CCCB, is a provisional shelter created by plastic bags. Its author is Antonio del Valle.
The Istituto Europeo di Design of Bracelona it is recognised as one of the most active schools of design and communication at the eme3 festival by a high presentation of projects.